As the open studio weekend fast approaches, here are a few reminders:
- Registered artists must be present in their studios from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on both September 8 and 9.
- Artists cannot sell work during the weekend, but we encourage you to have cards in your studio for visitors can take and to have a sign-up sheet for your mailing list.
- Artist materials (door sign, maps, posters) can be picked up from the Brooklyn Museum Thurs 11-7 or Fri 11-6. Look for the GO table in the lobby and send a friend if you can’t make it.
- Fill out your door poster with your name and artist code. Log in to the GO website to find the code on your dashboard (only visible to you). Be sure to also put the artist number in the gray box in the texting area.
- Talk to nearby businesses about hanging your “See Art in Brooklyn,” “Meet Artists,” and “Visit Studios” posters in storefronts. It is incredibly important to get as much street visibility as possible this week.
- Customize your wayfinding signs, and place them in hallways and on the street near your building to help visitors find your studio. If you are in a building with many artists, work together so these signs represent a clear traffic pattern for visitors.
- Familiarize yourself with nearby information spots, including locations, days, and hours, so you can send your visitors there for guidance or extra maps.
- Take one last look at your list of contacts and reach out to them. Here’s some sample material if you need it.
- Review FAQs in our support area, including the open studio tips series, and check GO News and/or Twitter for last-minute announcements.
- Contact your neighborhood coordinator for last minute issues, but keep in mind these are very busy times and it may take a while for us to respond.
Thank you for participating in GO and we hope you have a great weekend!